Stewardship is a Way of Life.
“ As each one has received a gift, use it to serve one another as good stewards of God’s varied Grace.”- 1 Peter 4:10
Stewardship of Time
Our Catholic connection is most evident through our rituals of prayer, whether it’s through Eucharistic celebrations, rosary recitations or small group devotions. When we welcome and invite each other into these practices, we also welcome and invite Christ.
As you make your Time commitments, consider how you plan to be more hospitable to your fellow parishioners in times of prayer.
- Spending Time with God in Prayer
- Attend Mass every Sunday and Holy Day
- Attend weekday Mass at least once a week
- Spend one hour a week in Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
- Go to confession at least every quarter
- Invite a friend or acquaintance to Mass
- Pray together with my family
- Discuss our Catholic Faith with my children
- Read the Bible for a half hour a week
- Spend 15 minutes a day in personal prayer
- Pray the Rosary at least once a week
- Spend extra time with my spouse each day
- Using My Talents in Parish Ministries
Stewardship of Talent
Through ministry participation we further build and strengthen the bond that ties our families, our parish and the greater Church together. Our goal, of course, is to develop a practice of hospitality that we carry out into the world, to help us to go out and “make disciples.” Through our participation in parish ministry, we are called to be living examples of Christian hospitality.
In our ministries section you’ll discover dozens of ministries — from Bible studies to community outreach programs. You don’t need to be an artist or musician to have “talent.” You don’t even need a special hobby or skill. All you need is the conviction that you do, in fact, have a role to play, and the willingness to seek it out.
Stewardship of Treasure
Making a Consistent Gift to the Offertory
Online giving – click here
As a parish, St. Pius recognizes the scriptural benchmark of the tithe (10%) as a guideline for giving. We break down the tithe as follows:
5% to St. Pius,
1% to the Archbishop’s Annual Appeal,
and 4% to other charities
If you do not know what percentage you are currently giving? The Archdiocese of Atlanta has a Weekly Giving Calculator, to assist you! You can enter your household income, and have the calculator tell you what you weekly contribution would be if you contribute based on certain percent. The calculator can also tell you what percent your current contribution is, based on the information you provide.